- Peasiehill Workshop, Arbroath, DD11 2NJ
- £25,524.45 - £27,936.06 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
The role involves the maintenance of a diverse fleet of vehicles and plant for both Tayside Contracts and our external customers.
You will have served a recognised and relevant apprenticeship and hold a relevant City & Guilds 381, parts 1, 2 & 3 or equivalent SVQ qualification.
A current driving licence, Category C, is essential and Category C+E is desirable.
We offer a competitive salary*, have some fantastic employee benefits and have opportunities for working overtime at enhanced rates.
Working Early/Late shifts on rotation.
Mechanic: £25,524.45 - £27,936.06
*Salary placing is dependent on skills and experience. Additionally:
• Tool allowance - £15.00 per week (reviewed periodically).
• Standby Payment - £119.69 per week when on standby (it is a contractual requirement that mechanics participate on a stand-by rota).
• Access to a local government, career average pension scheme which provides life and ill-health cover (17% contribution by Tayside Contracts).
• 32 days annual leave including 5 fixed public holidays rising to 37 days after 5 years' service.
• Long service days after 10 years (1 day), 20 years (3 days) and 30 years' service (5 days).
• Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Learning and Career Development Opportunities.
For an informal discussion, please contact Derek Laing, Fleet Maintenance Manager on (01382) 834040.
Closing Date: Monday 25 October 2021