- Willowbank, DD7 6AB
- £8.91 - £9 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 16 hours per week
This position has expired.
At Balhousie Care Group we call our staff Everyday Heroes – and with good reason. They’re making a difference to our residents every single day. They’re also carving out careers for life.
As Scotland’s largest private care provider, with 25 homes, over 900 residents and 1500 staff; Balhousie is one of the country’s leading providers of elderly and specialist care. As well as award-winning care home teams throughout Scotland, we boast a stunning HQ and highly skilled support staff.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our award winning business, based at our lovely Willowbank home in Carnoustie.
There is scope for 2 roles: – 1 x Kitchen Assistant at 16 hours per week / 1 Cook at 12 hours per week. We are equally happy to consider one candidate to take both posts.
To assist in organising and controlling the efficient and economic production of quality food within the allowed budget, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
Our core values are integral to how we operate, and that starts with recruitment. So before you apply, ask yourself:
Are you someone who is seen as a TRUSTED colleague?
Do you always ensure you are RESPONSIVE to the needs of others?
Do you have the potential to be an INSPIRING influence to colleagues and residents alike?
Are you keen to work within Care and PASSIONATE about making a difference to the lives of others?
- Support the Head Chef in all aspects of kitchen management, deputising at relevant times (Cook)
- Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals, as and when required (Cook)
- Assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals
- Wash up after meals. Ensure all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately, and that the overall cleaning of the kitchen area (and, where appropriate, the dining areas) is carried out effectively
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- City & Guilds 706 – 1 & 2, or equivalent (achieved or working towards – Cook post)
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Satisfactory Police Check and check against the PVG List
- Experience of food preparation for the relevant Resident group (desirable)
We offer permanent, secure roles with scope to develop and progress within the organisation. Salaries are very competitive (for this role it will be dependant on experience) and we have an excellent range of staff benefits including shopping and holiday discounts, free health and legal advice, and access to free counselling services.
Join us now in a career that makes a difference.