- Wallace Court, 191 Main Road, PA5 9ES
- £30,481.57 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 39 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
If you’re looking for the next step on your career in social care, you’ve just discovered it.
Wallace Court is a residential and respite service in Elderslie, Johnstone, providing 24 hour support 7 days a week, to customers aged between 18 and 65 with physical and learning disabilities.
About the Role
We are currently looking to recruit a Team Leader to support the Service Manager in the operation of our Wallace Court Service in Elderslie. You will be required to co-ordinate and supervise a team of support staff in delivering a high standard of social care practice using a person-centred approach that reflects individual customer's needs wants and aspirations. Support for this role will be provided from the Service Manager and current Team Leaders at the service.
A key part of this role is to coach, monitor, mentor and develop the skill base within the staff team, you will do this by displaying Leadership skills such as role modelling, decision making, being an effective communicator, having a positive attitude, commitment and confidence in the role. You may also be required from time to time to deliver direct support to our customers. Supervision duties and rota management are also required. Supporting staff to complete online training and mandatory training will also be part of this role.
Working with Capability Scotland brings you lots of benefits:
- Fully paid, sector-leading learning and development
- Fully funded SVQ placement – a qualification which is yours for life
- Excellent annual leave of 32 days per year, increasing with service
- Generous and enhanced pension schemes and family benefits
- As a member of our autoenrollment pension scheme, £10,000 provided in the case of Death in Service
- Flexible working is available
- Free 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Free PVG checks throughout your career.
- Access to shopping discounts through the Perks At Work scheme
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme