- 10 cliftonhall road, Newbridge, Edinburgh, EH28 8PJ
- Up to £1,069 per week
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 24 day per week
If you’re passionate about providing the very best care, we think there’s nowhere better to work than The Good Care Group. Working as a Professional Live-in Carer you’ll make a genuine difference to the lives of the people you support. You’ll have the time to care, tailoring your support to your clients’ needs and wishes, enabling them to live in the place they love most - their own home. This isn’t just work. It’s life changing work.
You might have professional experience as a support worker, or as a care assistant in a residential or domiciliary care setting. Or you might already be an experienced live-in carer looking for a new way to maximise your earning potential. Whatever your level of professional experience, we would love to hear from you. Please note you must already have the right to work in the UK. We cannot assist with any sponsorship or visa requests – including those applying for a health and social care visa or those with a skilled worker visa.
We believe in maintaining a healthy balance between live-in care and your personal life. That’s why we have introduced a wider range of rota patterns to give our carers more control over the way they work. Whether that’s working 8 - 12 weeks with a lower needs client (working on average 6 - 8 hours per day) or supporting our more complex clients over 2 - 6 weeks (working on average 10 - 12 hours per day).
Why we think there’s nowhere better:
- A choice of work patterns from 2 - 12 weeks, so you can choose the option that works best for you (working either 6, 8, 10 or 12 hours on average per day)
- All UK travel expenses covered whilst in placement
- We aim to place you with a client within a 50 mile radius of your home (if UK based) to avoid travel disrupting your time off
- Free DBS for England and free PVG if working in Scotland
- Pay based on your care experience, pension & bank holiday enhancements
- Funded Blue Light Card - giving you access to discounts
- Ongoing training and development, including level 2 diploma in working in care services and a level 3 award in awareness of dementia
- Face to face induction training in London or Oxford (with hotel accommodation included)
- A local Care Manager who knows you and your client
- Peer to peer support as part of our buddy scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme offering confidential advice and support
- An online Carer Community to stay connected, share advice and best practice
- 24/7/365 support from our central team
- 96% would recommend working with us to others (source: Glassdoor)
- CQC ‘outstanding’ team supporting you, 24/7, 365 days a year
What does a live-in carer do?
Live-in carers live with a client for the duration of their chosen work pattern. You’ll look after one person or at times a couple, following a person centred care plan where you’ll tailor your support to meet your clients’ needs. Duties are likely to include assisting with daily activities, personal care, or support in managing conditions such as dementia, but also include cooking, cleaning and ensuring the smooth running of the household. You could be working on average 6 - 12 hours per day based on your clients’ needs (please note your daily rate will vary depending on the agreed number of daily hours you are working).
We have a number of different rota patterns to choose from ranging from 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off to 10 weeks on, 2 weeks off. Depending on the rota pattern you chose and following a client’s individual care plan, you will generally provide a daily average of between 6 - 12 hours care provision to your client.
You’ll be someone who’s happy to talk, laugh and enjoy time with our clients, assisting them in their activities and encouraging them to live life to the full.
You might already be working as a live-in carer, or you might have professional experience as a support worker, care assistant in a residential or domiciliary care setting, or you might be a HCA working with the NHS. If you share our passion for quality care, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for the following skills and experience:
- At least 6 months’ professional care experience gained in any care setting
- You must be able to provide us with proof of your right to work in the UK. (E.g a British passport, settled or pre-settled status as part of the EU settlement scheme, or a current visa that allows you to work in the UK with no restrictions). We cannot assist with any sponsorship or visa requests – including those applying for a health and social care visa.
- Due to increased demand, we are currently only accepting applications from COVID-19 vaccinated or medically exempt Carers
- You must be flexible to travel to your client placement (UK travel expenses covered)
Providing high quality live in care in people’s homes across England and Scotland, The Good Care Group is also part of Sodexo.