- 120 Leman Street, London, E1 8EU
- £756 - £1,069 per week depending on experience and client needs.
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 24 day per week
If you’re looking to balance meaningful work with valuable time off at home, we think there’s nowhere better than The Good Care Group. We’re looking for carers with at least 6 months’ professional care experience to join our award-winning live-in care team.
Why we think there’s nowhere better:
- All UK travel expenses covered whilst in placement
- Free DBS for England and free PVG if working in Scotland
- Pay based on your care experience, plus holiday pay, pension & bank holiday enhancements
- Blue Light Card - giving you access to lots of discounts to both online and highstreet retailers
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, including level 2 diploma in working in care services and a level 3 award in awareness of dementia
- Market leading face to face induction training in London or Oxford (with hotel accommodation included)
- A dedicated local Care Manager who knows you and your client
- Peer to peer support for all Carers joining us as part of our buddy scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme offering confidential advice and support
- An online Carer Community to stay connected, share advice and best practice
- 24/7/365 support from our central team
- A variety of rota patterns, so you can choose the option that works best for you
Along with the great benefits we offer, you can be assured that you will have a CQC ‘outstanding’ team supporting you, 24/7, 365 days a year. We’ll help you develop your knowledge through our specialist training courses and ensure you have all the support you need from our team of caring experts.
You might already be working as a live-in carer, or you might have professional experience as a support worker, care assistant in a residential or domiciliary care setting, or you might be a HCA working with the NHS. If you share our passion for quality care, we’d love to hear from you. Please note you must already have the right to work in the UK. We cannot assist with any sponsorship or visa requests – including those applying for a health and social care visa.
What does a live-in carer do?
You’ll be helping support our clients to stay in the homes and communities they love most. This isn’t just work. It’s life changing work.
Live-in carers live with a client for the duration of their chosen rota pattern (e.g 2, 4 or 6 weeks). You’ll look after one person or at times a couple, providing both care and companionship. Following a person centred care plan you will tailor your support to meet your clients’ needs, assisting with daily activities, personal care, or support in managing conditions such as dementia.
- You’ll be matched with a client based on your skills and your client’s needs, providing tailored support and companionship
- Following a client’s individual care plan you will generally provide a daily average of 10 hours care provision to your client
- Managing medical conditions such as dementia, stroke and Parkinson’s
- Moving and handling
- Administering medication
- Cooking, cleaning and ensuring the smooth running of the house
We’re looking for the following skills and experience:
- At least 6 months’ professional care experience gained in any care setting, such as live-in carer, domiciliary carer, care assistant, support worker, healthcare assistant in the NHS or similar.
- You must be able to provide us with proof of your right to work in the UK. (E.g a British passport, settled or pre-settled status as part of the EU settlement scheme, or a current visa that allows you to work in the UK with no restrictions). If you require sponsorship or you do not have one of these documents, we regret that we will be unable to process your application.
- Due to increased demand, we are currently only accepting applications from COVID-19 vaccinated or medically exempt Carers
- You must be flexible to travel to your client placement (UK travel expenses covered)
Providing high quality live in care in people’s homes across England and Scotland, The Good Care Group is also part of Sodexo.
Salary range is £756 - £1,069 per week. Your salary will be based on your professional care experience - including your length of live-in care experience, the complexity of client care needs, and whether you are in a couple placement.