- Dundee, DD2 3GP
- £9.50 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 30 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
£500 Retention Payment!!
You will receive £500 if you are successfully appointed with Hillcrest Futures
£250 on successful completion of your 6 month probation period
£250 on successful completion of 12 months service
Driving licence and use of a vehicle is essential – Applicants who do not drive will not be considered for interview.
Dundee Homecare Service provides a high level of care and support to older people within their own homes in Dundee, through a variety of assessed and scheduled visits from one visit per week, up to four visits per day.
In return we offer team members a two week rolling rota with alternating weekends off, full shift payment (not just client contact time), mileage payments, in-depth induction process as well as ongoing learning and development opportunities, a generous employee health package and much more. Flexible working with set shift patterns may also be available.
The role of the Support Worker will include providing practical support with day to day tasks such as:
- Personal care (including intimate personal care);
- Medication prompting;
- Meal preparation;
- Developing and sustaining warm, respectful relationships with the individuals we support.
- Have professional experience within a similar setting or personal experience with a loved one or family member;
- Have a positive flexible attitude;
- Have a positive and empathetic approach in caring for and supporting vulnerable individuals;
- Hold an SVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care, or have the ability and willingness to work towards achieving this;
- Be required to obtain registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of taking up the post.
- PVG costs paid in full
- Flexible working patterns
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Free core training
- Savings Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Comprehensive Health and Well-being Package
- Organisational Recognition and Reward Scheme