- 72a Denvale Gardens, KY8 5UB
- £9.71 - £9.95 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 25 hours per week
This position has expired.
Kingdom Support and Care CIC (KSC) is a Community Interest Company, a private company limited by shares and a wholly owned subsidiary of Kingdom Housing Association (KHA). We are accredited Gold in Investors in People and a Living Wage Scotland employer.
KSC supports over 300 people throughout Fife and Falkirk, providing high quality and personalised support and care designed to meet individual needs and desired outcomes.
We provide support to people with a range of needs in their own homes, including those with: learning disability, autistic spectrum disorder, complex needs, mental health issues, age related needs, homelessness, drug and alcohol addictions.
The support and care provided by KSC is flexible, responsive and person centered support which assists people to live their lives as they wish and to enable them to meet their desired outcomes.
About the Role
In this role, you will become part of the support team ensuring a high quality of care and support is delivered to individuals within the Kennoway Service.
Within this Service specifically we provide high quality support and guidance to individuals, predominantly adults, who require assistance in personal care right through to assisting with daily household tasks within their own homes. The type of support we provide is from 24/7 care to a few hours per day/week.
As a Support Worker you will work with the service users to ensure needs and outcomes are being provided for. The role is primarily centered around understanding and supporting the day to day living of the service users. Working within this service the successful individual requires to have the passion, drive and dedication in helping others to live fulfilling lives.
This is a 25 hour contracted post.
The staff base for the Kennoway Service is located in Balfarg, Glenrothes.
We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic and dedicated Females who have the desire to support people to have the best life possible. Those with high empathy and tolerance along with a great sense of humour are key to success in what at times can be a challenging but rewarding role. Ideally you should have experience of Support and Care, however this is not essential as training will be provided.
Although we offer flexible working contracts, we also require a degree of flexibility in your approach to work and it is essential you are able to work shifts which will include weekend working, evenings and sleepovers.
- Full funding and support towards an SVQ qualification in Care
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Travel paid at 0.45 per mile
- Enhanced entitlements for other types of leave
- A free, confidential employee counselling service
- Discounted Gym membership
- Working within an organisation where its people matter
- Staff development is encouraged, with 60% of senior staff being from internal promotions
- Coming soon….access to employee discount scheme to major retail outlets, restaurants and hotels.
- This post has an occupational requirement under the Equality Act 2010, Part 1, Schedule 9, which restricts applications to females only.
- A current driving licence, business insurance and the use of a car for work purposes is essential
- This post is subject to a PVG Disclosure check. The cost of membership lies with the applicant.