- 28 St. Leonard Street, ML11 7AB
- £10.02 - £10.50 per 4weeks
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Post: Support Worker
Wage: £10.02 ph– wage is not contingent upon time spent in service users’ residence
If you drive your own car in any shift your hourly rate will be increased to £10.50 for that shift.
Mileage Allowance: 25p per mile for those using their own vehicle plus 20p redeemable from HMRC.
Annual Leave: 28 days
Lica Homecare is a new and exciting homecare company focused on delivering high quality care to service users in their own homes in and around South Lanarkshire. Here at Lica Homecare we value excellent care and our staff’s input in decisions which affect them and the service users. As the company grows staff will have great opportunities to further their careers through ongoing training and support provided by Lica Homecare and will be kept up to date about new positions as they become available.
Successful applicants’ duties will include but are not limited to: -
- Washing, dressing, bathing, toileting, and medication monitoring/assistance
- Preparing and cooking meals.
- Provide care in compliance with SSSC codes of practice and any contractual obligations.
- Maintain appropriate records
- Work as part of a team to deliver care in an anti-discriminatory fashion.
- Enrolment in a pension scheme
- Guaranteed minimum paid hours per 4 weeks – 120 hours full time – 60 hours part time
- Holidays increase after 5 years’ service by 1 extra day per year up to a maximum of 5 extra days
- Refer a friend scheme – If you refer a friend and they work with us for 3 months or more you get £100.
- First 2 uniforms free
In order to be considered for this role the applicant must have a driving licence and access to your own vehicle. Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Must have an understanding of anti-discriminatory practice in support services for service users. Must be a member of the PVG scheme. Each employee will pay for their own PVG but will be refunded after 3 months. Must be registered with the SSSC or be willing to register within the allotted time if you have never worked in care before.
Previous experience providing support services and working within a SSSC regulated environment are desirable but not essential for this position.