Supported Living Support Worker - Stirling
- MEARS SUPPORTED LIVING LIMITED, , DUMYAT TECHNOLOGY CENTRE, FK12 5DW
- £11 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 40 hours per week
Mears Supported Living Ltd are looking for Support Workers to work with our adult service users with a learning disability or mental health, to demonstrate their skills and become part of a company who respects your hard work and dedication towards our local community.
Have you got a passion with caring for others, while being a part of a growing community that values its employees?
We provide services to all Forth Valley areas, including the urban and rural areas of Clackmannanshire, Stirling and Falkirk. Therefore drivers with access to their own vehicles and a willingness to travel to, from and around these areas is desirable. Mileage is paid at 35p per miles during the course of duties, except commuting. The Company will make every effort to prioritise local working at every opportunity.
As a Support Worker within the Supported Living Service you will provide support and care to individuals with a learning disability, mental health problems or physical disability. You will support Service Users to live the lives that they want and be part of the local community. You will work as an integral part of a team, providing excellent standards of support and care. Your work as a support worker may involve you working on a 1 to 1 basis with service users or as part of a bigger team providing support to individuals at any given time.
Main responsibilities :
- To help the people we support to participate fully in the day to day management of their home and personal care, medication and financial management
- To help people to develop and maintain friendships and opportunities within the local community
- To help people to achieve the outcomes and goals/ambitions as detailed in their Person Centred Care Plans
- To assist the people we support to participate in social recreational and leisure activities in the community and beyond where appropriate
- To help the person we support to adapt and improve their Personal Plan as appropriate
- To provide sleepover support should this be required
- Advocate for vulnerable adults supporting them with external stakeholders, such as with medical appointments, social and educational activities, financial budgeting and other aspects of their independent living requirements as required.
- To encourage positive attitude toward the people we support
- To work in a flexible way recognising the individual needs of the people we support
- To communicate clearly with colleagues and other stakeholders so that our services operate effectively
What we offer:
- Participation in a full Induction Training Programme
- Competitive hourly rate, including double time for select public holidays
- Flexible hours with part time, full time and relief options, including weekends, evenings and sleepovers.
- 28 days (pro rata)annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
Scan the QR code to apply, or click or copy the below link to apply.