- 2nd Floor, 4 Rogart Street, G40 2AA
- £18,000 - £18,500 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
Finance Department – Head Office – Bridgeton, Glasgow
37.5 Hours per week | £18,000 - £18,500 per annum|Job Reference: REQ00225
Closing Date: Thursday 23rd September 2021
The Mungo Foundation is a well-established charitable organisation, with over 40 years of experience supporting vulnerable individuals across Scotland. We employ over 700 staff, supporting approximately 1500 people a year, across a diverse array of services. Our services are tailored to the needs of each individual we work with and together we work hard to improve their quality of life.
The Finance Assistant will work as a member of the Finance Team, reporting to a Regional Finance Officer, to ensure all invoices are raised and issued, maintaining the sales ledger on a Sage 200 accounting package, with specific responsibility for, reconciling debtors balances.
Key tasks will include:
- To ensure all sales invoices are raised, issued and processed onto SAGE timeously
- To ensure all sales invoices and remittances are accurately coded and filed
- To monitor and review outstanding invoices with prompt resolution of queries
- To maintain a register of occupancy sheets to generate invoices
- To prepare occupancy statistics for distribution to the Project Managers
Other Duties will include
- To resolve funders’ queries, escalating more complex matters to the Income Manager
- To ensure all income received on the bank statement is processed onto SAGE timeously
- To reconcile the Sales Ledger with the Nominal Ledger each month and resolve any differences
- To ensure all cash and cheques received are banked timeously
If you are looking for a new challenge, this may be the position for you.
We value our staff very highly. Alongside competitive terms and conditions we also offer membership of both an employee benefits scheme and a credit union, plus numerous training and development opportunities.
We would appreciate if you could complete an online application form which can be found on our website www.themungofoundation.org.uk under join our team, then work with us, then under the relevant vacancy click on the apply button.
Appointments are made subject to satisfactory membership of the Police Disclosure Act and appropriate checks.
All posts are currently subject to Job Evaluation.