- 20 St Kenneth Drive, G51 4QD
- £43,234 - £0 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 week per week
Do you have a clinical nursing background and passionate about holistic person-centred care? Are you a great influencer with the ability to lead in the development of a unique clinical service for people with epilepsy? If so, then we have a great opportunity as a Clinical Nurse Manager!
Your new organisation
The William Quarrier Scottish Epilepsy Centre is a state of the art facility with world-class diagnostic technology which takes epilepsy services in the UK to a whole new level. Opening in April 2013, the WQSEC is just the beginning of our ambition and is the only independent hospital in Scotland which provides assessment and treatment for those with complex epilepsy.
Based in Glasgow our modern 12 bed in-patient hospital provides flexible, patient-centred residential assessment for people with complex epilepsy and offers multidisciplinary in-patient assessment to people with complex diagnostic and treatment needs. The WQSEC also provides clinical review and diagnostic assessment such as EEG, ambulatory EEG and videotelemetry besides the ability to initiate or withdraw medications in a safe monitored environment as well as offering outpatient and telemedicine clinics.
Your new opportunity
We have an exciting unique opportunity for a Clinical Nurse Manager to join our Award-Winning Specialist Epilepsy Centre located in Glasgow.
The Clinic Nurse manager will be a key member of the senior management team and responsible for managing the nursing and clinical staff in the service delivery of the 12 bedded inpatient unit. You will ensure all staff are well equipped, trained and supported to continue to deliver a high standard of support and clinical needs during individual assessment. You will also deputise for the Hospital Manager in their absence and required to contribute towards the vision and development of service delivery.
This is a full time 37 hours per week permanent position in addition Quarriers offer a wide range of excellent staff benefits.
What you will need to succeed/bring to the role
- A recognised nursing qualification
- Natural ability to lead a clinical team and offer support
- Ambition to develop into a nursing management role or offer excellent existing management skills
- Ability to prioritise workloads and meet to strict deadlines.
- Passionate about holistic person-centred care
- Ability to support and developing a team of healthcare professionals.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge and experience of using IT packages including Word, Excel & Outlook
What's in it for you?
- Generous holiday entitlement, 29 annual holiday days + 4 public holidays for support staff, rising to 34 days annual leave and 4 public holidays after 5 years.
- Training, support, learning and development.
- Opportunity to make a difference to someone’s life.
- Family friendly working policies and procedures.
- HSF Health Cash Plans.
- 24/7 free and confidential Employee Assistance programme.
- £500 refer a friend scheme (t&c’s apply)
- Life Assurance Benefit.
- Workplace Pension.
- Registered with Concert for Carers.
- Access to health services free of charge (physiotherapy & occupational health)
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Christmas saving scheme.
- Honest and open
Please note the closing date for this role will be Friday 6th October 2023.
For more information about this role please contact Lorraine Jackson on 01414457750.