New Struan School - Classroom Assistant
- 100 Smithfield Loan, FK10 1NP
- £17,309 - £18,478 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
Full Time – 37 hours per week
Term Time (39 weeks of the year)
New Struan School - Alloa
Salary £17,309 - £18,478
Scottish Autism is dedicated to enabling autistic people to lead happy, healthy and fulfilling lives. We believe in the power of relationships to transform the lives of the people we support. We help build a more caring, compassionate, and inclusive Scotland, relationship by relationship. Our people work in teams, supporting each other through the challenges and triumphs that happen every day. Our organisation is our people, and the human qualities they bring to their roles.
We have exciting opportunities for classroom assistants based in New Struan School in Alloa. The school’s primary aims are meeting the complex and intensive needs of pupils with autism through providing a range of vital day and residential autism specific services.
Scottish Autism’s Values are:
· Collaboration – we work with others and value their opinions
· Compassion – we work with each other and our service users with care and kindness
· Change Makers – we never stand still, we move positively forward always focussed on quality and being the best
· Contribution – we love what we do, we never lose sight of our purpose and the difference we make in society
In this role, you will support the Class Teacher in contributing to the education, care and support of pupils with Autism and/ or complex needs. Specifically, this will include planning, implementation and assessment of individual education plans, contributing to discussions and planned meetings on pupils and classroom practice and taking responsibility for the preparation and delivery of learning activities.
Suitable applicants will have ideally worked in a school setting with an appropriate qualification for this position such as HNC/SVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care/Early Education and Childcare or equivalent or willing to work towards this. You will also hold a SSSC registration or be willing to register as soon as possible. Strong interpersonal and organisational skills with the ability to communicate effectively are essential. It is desirable, that applicants are familiar in the use of Microsoft software packages such as Word and Excel.
Scottish Autism offers:
- Sector leading training from day one, including fully funded support to complete your necessary SVQ and HNC
- Non-contributory life assurance scheme
- Workplace Pension
- Wellbeing support
- 3 pay points for Classrooms Assistants, where you progress at your pace as you develop.
£17,309 pro rata during engagement period
£17,589 pro rata when confirmed into post
£18,478 pro rata when development advanced
- Regularly benchmarked rates and benefits to ensure our rates are competitive
· Cover all the costs of SSSC Registration and PVG membership
All our posts are subject to a PVG Disclosure check.
New employees must register with the Scottish Social Services Council within 6 months of starting in post.
Scottish Autism is a smoke free organisation.
Closing Date: 10th February 2023
Valuing diversity and promoting equal opportunities is at the heart of our vision, mission and values.
Registered charity number is SC009068