Support Worker - Full/Part Time
- 493 Bilsland Drive Ruchill, G20 9JN
- £24,208.65 - £31,188.68 per month
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 37 hours per month
This is a rolling advert and we will interview at periods until the closing date.
Who are we?
Stepdown is a young and progressive charity established to help young people fulfil their potential by delivering high quality care and support through residential cottages, carer services and intensive community support services. Stepdown also provides intensive through care and aftercare services for young people through a range of specialist services in young people’s homes; with foster, respite or supported carers; in other community-based accommodation and in various training and employment environments.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for dynamic, inspiring individuals to join our existing team of caring professionals. Being a Support Worker in Stepdown is a key position, critical to the overall welfare of young people living in residential care and living in the community. The overall purpose is to provide care and support to young people and young adults in a safe, stimulating and supported environment ensuring that the work carried out is in keeping with legislative, procedural, and good practice requirements and guidance.
Our Support Workers encourage positive lifestyles for young people within the community and actively promote their rights. If you are hardworking and resilient with a motivation to be a positive role model and make a difference in the lives of vulnerable young people, we would love to hear from you.
You must be self-motivated, work well in a team, with an ability to work independently. Being open minded and having the ability to listen and be empathetic is crucial to this role. We are looking for people who have the strength to cope with challenging situations and to help others learn and develop from these.
You can find more information on the attached Role Profile.
What do we offer?
- · Competitive salary
- · Generous holiday entitlement including 12 Public Holidays
- · Enrolment in a pension scheme
- · Employee Wellbeing Services
- · A full training package including shadow shifts on appointment as well as ongoing support for your professional development
- · Fully funded SVQ courses
Stepdown operates from various sites around Glasgow and from one location in Ayrshire. Although you will generally work from one location, you will be required to have the flexibility to work across any of our sites depending on the needs of the service and the young people we support. To find out more about our service and locations please visit: www.stepdown.org.uk
How to apply
Please complete the attached application form and return it to email@example.com. We do not accept CVs.
For more information, please contact Service Managers: Alastair MacColl (07872 377180) / Helen Boyle (07970 110106)
- Successful candidates will be required to become a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme (PVG Scheme). Having previous convictions will not automatically disbar you from working at Stepdown (with the exception of offences against children or other vulnerable groups) and every case is taken on an individual basis.
- Successful candidates must be or become registered with the SSSC.