- Main Street, Old Plean, FK7 8BQ
- £10.60 - £10.95 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Have you always wanted to work within Mental Health but not sure where to start?
If you have any of the following, we would love to hear from you:
· An interest in working within a Mental Health environment
William Simpsons take a holistic approach when recruiting staff. It is so important to us that we recruit candidates who are warm, compassionate and patient.
William Simpsons is a charity which enables adults living with a mental health diagnosis, cognitive impairment, ARBD and other substance abuse related conditions, to get the very best out of life.
We are looking for Support Workers to join our vibrant Nightshift and Dayshift team on a Full-time, Part-time and Bank/Relief basis.
Why William Simpsons?
· Competitive pay rates - £10.60 per hour rising to £10.95 per hour depending on qualifications as well as an enhanced overtime rate between £13 and £17.50 per hour.
· A company culture that promotes work life balance, by only working 3 shifts per week with the potential to pick up overtime if available.
· Excellent holidays - 6 weeks per annum.
· Extensive comprehensive training program: dedicated trainers providing quality onsite training to all staff; comprehensive online e-learning package.
· Electronic MAR system is used within the Home to assist with the safe handling of medications and topical treatments (full training is provided).
· Uniform free environment.
· Good public transport, frequent buses with bus stops directly outside our driveway entrance
· Free, onsite parking.
· Accredited Disability Confident Employer.
What qualities and skills are we looking for?
· Previous experience of working as a Support Worker (or equivalent role) within a care environment although this is not essential.
· Excellent communication and organisational skills
· Although SVQ level qualifications in Care are desirable, they are not essential as staff have the opportunity to access and achieve SVQ level 3 qualifications through William Simpsons.
What are the main aspects of the role?
· Assisting Residents with all aspects of personal care and daily living requirements through the delivery of individual planned care programmes
· Maintaining a clean, safe environment for Residents by undertaking domestic duties
· Administration and recording of information in correlation with William Simpsons procedures and instruction from Team Leaders
· Maintaining effective communication with Residents and Care Teams
· Safe handling and administration of topical treatments as per instruction from Team Leaders in conjunction with the eMAR medication system and the Home's Safe Operation Procedures
· Promoting the independence and dignity of Residents whilst enabling them to live their chosen lifestyle.
Further details of the role are provided as part of the application pack.