- Location: 23 Granville Street, G3 7EE
- Salary: £18,431.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent with Fixed Term Funding
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
- 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- £18,431 (point 14 on the scale 14 – 17)
- Based at Early Years Scotland Office, 23 Granville Street, Charing Cross, Glasgow G3 7EE
- 20 days annual leave in the first year rising to 30 days thereafter
- Excellent employee benefits including 5% employer pension contribution, 12 public holidays, Employee Assistance Programme.
All pay and allowances are pro-rata
Who are we?
Early Years Scotland is Scotland’s leading national Third Sector specialist organisation that supports our youngest children from birth to 5 years of age. Our fully qualified early years staff work directly with children and their families to deliver our unique Stay Play and Learn sessions in a variety of settings including nurseries, community halls, schools and prisons. We work increasingly in prisons, and areas where there are children and families who have the greatest need and will benefit most from our services. We have been established for over 50 years, and we are very proud of our long and ever-growing track record in supporting Scotland’s youngest children to have the very best start in life.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Finance Assistant to join our busy finance team based at the Early Years Scotland Main Office in Glasgow. You will be a first class communicator who is confident working independently while being comfortable, eager and willing in a team context.
What skills does the post require?
You will be a highly numerate person with an eye for detail who is comfortable and experienced in book-keeping and financial recording procedures.
Duties will include:
· Purchase ledger and sales ledger processing
· Processing all income and expenditure through Sage Accounts
· Ensuring all income for Professional Learning activity is invoiced and recorded
· Bank reconciliation
· Working as an integral member of the Finance Team
· Assisting with the checking of payroll calculations
You will bring:
· Competent bookkeeping knowledge, experience and expertise
· Experience using Sage 50 Accounts, or similar, and accessing helpline support
· An understanding and reasonable experience of payroll processes
· Experience using internet banking
· Experience of bank reconciliation procedures
· A commitment to the highest standards of reliability, honesty and confidentiality
Although there is no requirement for a specific qualification, any relevant, recognised qualifications will be valued.
Closing date for applications: Friday 25 September 2020 at 9am
Interviews expected to be held on Wednesday 7 October 2020
Application Packs and full post information can be found at the Early Years Scotland website https://earlyyearsscotland.org/about-us/job-vacancies . Please do not send CVs as only completed EYS application forms will be considered.
For more information or queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Years Scotland is an Equal Opportunities Employer