- 88 West Main Street, EH52 5LQ
- £18,720.00 - £22,425.00 per year dependent on qualifications and experience
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 37.5 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Little Flyers Childcare is a well-established family owned business within Edinburgh and West Lothian. We have strong family values, and promote the wellbeing of our children and families, along with our valued team of staff.
We believe that we have a unique outward thinking ethos within the private early years and childcare sector, and we would expect and encourage our staff team to be inspired in the same way.
Here at Little Flyers we follow principles outlined in the Froebel and approach, adopt child-centred pedagogy and are inspired by HYGGE and the Curiosity Approach. Due to an unexpected influx of children during these covid times, along with the additional children receiving their 1140 funded hours we are looking to hire an experienced Lead Practitioner to work within our 3-5 playroom.
We are heavily focused on outdoor learning and are looking for an imaginative and creative Lead Practitioner who shares our enthusiasm for delivering play-based, memorable, and educational outdoor experiences for children, no matter the weather! In fact, getting muddy is part of the job!
Successful candidate would be expected to:
- Hold an HNC/SVQ 3 in Childcare & Education or equivalent. An HND/SVQ4 would be desirable and also be willing to undertake further training.
- Have a sound working knowledge of all local and national guidance including Pre-Birth to Three, Curriculum for Excellence, Realising the Ambition, GIRFEC and My World Outdoors.
- Have strong knowledge and understanding about Outdoor Education/Forest School and be excited to plan and deliver engaging educational activities and adventures for our children, in the rain, hail or shine!
- Support and develop enabling environments that are child-led and incorporate children’s individual needs and interests, both indoors and outdoors.
- Oversee children’s observations, planning and assessment with the support of the Nursery Manager.
- Be a positive role model to all team members, ensuring delivery of high-quality care and practice.
- Be passionate about meeting the individual needs of all children, include those who require additional support for learning.
- Be motivated and confident in leading and supporting team members with in-house training opportunities.
- Promote and develop positive working relationships with parents, children, and team members.
- Be an effective communicator and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Keep up to date with latest practice
- To be reliable, hardworking, honest, with a good sense of humour and have a love for charity shops.
- To be confident using digital technology to ensure all relevant information is uploaded onto our Famly management system.
Successful candidates will be subject to positive references, PVG update and required registration with the SSSC.
To apply: Please forward an up to date CV to email@example.com