- Quarry Centre, Aberdeen, AB16 7AS
- £20,876 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Duration : Full time, fixed term
Location: Quarry Centre
The Modern Apprenticeship Programme is targeted at building our workforce of the future. Funding for training is available for applicants aged 16-19 and 20-24 (depending on the framework) and for disabled and care-experienced applicants between the age of 20-29. Please ensure, if you are applying for a Modern Apprentice post, that you meet one of these criteria. Also see further information on our Guaranteed Interview Scheme below.
We have an exciting opportunity for a young person to join Aberdeen City Council, Children’s Social Work Service as a Modern Apprentice. The post will initially be based at Quarry Centre, Cummings Park Crescent, Aberdeen, predominantly providing support to the teams supporting kinship and foster carers and adopters, as well as the Family Time Hub, whilst also gaining a qualification.
The purpose of this role is to deliver a high-quality business support and administration service to the Service.
The post holder needs to hold as minimum:
• Good written/numerical skills gained through either Standard Grades/National 4 qualification(s) or
• Relevant work experience
• Travel as required in relation to the needs of the Service
• Work at alternative locations as required
The post holder needs to demonstrate skills and experience in:
• Ability to understand and follow instructions
• Self-motivated team player
The post holder needs to demonstrate an understanding of:
• Business Administration
• Importance of customer service
The post holder needs to demonstrate commitment to:
• Completing the Modern Apprenticeship Programme
• Willingness to learn, including using a variety of IT packages
• Working effectively as part of the Business Service team
Please see Job Profile for further details.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs