We’re proud to be an inclusive organisation and we work hard to provide a working environment where everyone feels included. We want to make sure you are treated fairly, with respect and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
Having a diverse workforce with different values, beliefs, experience, and backgrounds helps us to be innovative and we encourage our colleagues to challenge, question and share their ideas. Recognising that everyone has a valuable contribution to make, we aim to get a good mix of talent, skill, and potential. We welcome applications from a wide range of people and all sections of the community.
Our Equalities and Diversity Policy commits us (amongst other things) to:
• create a work environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation, and unlawful discrimination
• promote dignity and respect for all our colleagues
• encourage diversity and inclusion, and recognise individual differences between
• advance equality in the workplace
• provide awareness to all colleagues of their rights and responsibilities
• support and uphold equal pay for equal value of work
• protect all customers from unlawful discrimination, harassment or victimisation when receiving Council services
• support employees and customers and thoroughly investigate issues • make reasonable adjustments where needed.