- St Nicholas Primary Duntocher Road Bearsden, G61 4QL
- £20,822.11 - £22,975.29 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 15 hours per week
Please note salary will be pro-rated for part-time & term-time hours.
15 hours per week
Monday to Wednesday 9.00 to 14.30 with 30 min unpaid break
The appointment of Classroom Assistants is an essential ingredient of the Council’s drive to raise pupil attainment.
You will assist teachers with non-teaching duties including administration, supervision of pupils, preparation of teaching materials and under the direction of the class teacher provide support for learning.
Literate, numerate and with good interpersonal skills, you will be able to demonstrate a particular ability to relate to children that has been developed through dealing with them in a controlled environment (paid or voluntary). Excellent communication skills are essential and knowledge of computer packages would be advantageous.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.