Grad+ Contract Administrator (Business Gateway) (Work Experience)
- Southbank House, Southbank Business Park, Kirkintilloch, G66 1NH
- £10.85 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
East Dunbartonshire Council is looking to recruit Graduates for the next phase of their GRAD+ Programme.
Being part of the Grad+ Programme will give you real hands-on work experience within a specific Council service. You'll develop in-depth understanding and knowledge of your specialist subject area - working on live projects and getting on and off-the-job training and employability support.
GRAD+ Contract Administrator Business Gateway (1 post)
This work experience opportunity will be based within Place and Business Development as part of the Business Support Team. The role of the Grad+ Business Gateway placement will be to support the delivery of East Dunbartonshire Council’s Business Support Service, including a range of business advice and Financial Support Programmes, to SME (Small Medium Enterprises).
Applications will be considered from individuals with a genuine interest in developing a career in this business area and who have graduated with a relevant degree.
To qualify to apply you must be unemployed or underemployed, have graduated with a recognised and appropriate degree level qualification, be 29 or under and live in the East Dunbartonshire Council area or who attended an East Dunbartonshire secondary school. Please note that the placement is fixed term only for 2 years. The placement will be 35 hours per week with pay in line with our commitment to the Living Wage.
Applications should be submitted through www.myjobscotland.gov.uk For further information please email Julie Lambie, Early Career Programme Lead: Julie.email@example.com
If this opportunity supports your Degree specialism and career aspirations, our Grad + Programme will give you all the training and support, together with an in-depth understanding of your chosen business area allowing you to develop the skills you need to progress your career, apply now. Applicants may be considered for other suitable early career opportunities.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
- Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
- Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
- The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
- We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
- We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
- We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
- We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
- We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria.
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.