- Southbank Marina, 12 Strathkelvin Place, Kirkintilloch, G66 1XT
- £23,504.71 - £26,150.82 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
Please note that this position is temporary.
As forward thinking council, committed to supporting our employees’ development, you will find East Dunbartonshire Council has a working environment that is supportive and respectful, where ideas and personal contribution are encouraged. We now have an exciting, challenging but rewarding opportunity for a Payroll Assistant.
You will be an integral part of the team ensuring that the timely and accurate payment of salaries in accordance with contracts of employment and relevant HR information ensuring compliance with all statutory regulations.
Contribute to the review and development of HR & Payroll process and procedural change to enhance service delivery and eliminate duplicate effort, streamline and simplify service to reduce costs and improve quality.
For this role, you will already have substantial experience in a payroll function in a large organisation. You will have practical knowledge and application of Payroll and Pensions and experience of working with ICT systems in order to manage data.
You will particulate in Organisational Transformation quality and customer improvement initiative to support the delivery of a high quality service.
To arrange an informal chat or for further information please contact Angela Soutar – Payroll Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.