- Various Locations In East Dunbartonshire, G66 1XT
- £11.41 per hour pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
SESSIONAL PLAY WORKERS REQUIRED TO WORK DURING SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
We are looking to recruit sessional staff to join our supply bank to support with our holiday “Snack and Play Playscheme programme.” The programme operates from a number of schools across East Dunbartonshire during the school holidays and supports children who have identified additional support needs as well as those who may be classed as vulnerable.
The snack and play and playscheme services offer a fun play based environment in which children aged 5 -12 years can form friendships, develop independence, have a healthy meal and most importantly have fun!
Our ‘snack and play hubs’ run from 6 primary schools across East Dunbartonshire for targeted families who meet qualifying criteria. There are currently two playschemes for children with additional support needs – one based in Merkland School for children with mild to moderate support needs and one based in Campsie View School (Summer session only) for children with more complex needs. Our playschemes operate on a 1:1 or 1:2 adult to child ratio.
Successful candidates should ideally demonstrate having some experience of working with children, preferably children with additional support needs. You should also have a fun, positive and enthusiastic manner to engage children, ensuring the delivery of high quality services for children and their families.
Your duties will include working as part of a team to provide a safe, fun and stimulating environment for children, while supporting independence and social interactions. (Please read the role profile)
You will receive an induction and training sessions prior to starting each service, which will cover subjects such as Child Protection, Introduction to Nurture and ASD and Supporting Behaviours that Challenge.
The above posts are seasonal over the Easter, Summer and October school holidays. Working hours are between 9.30am and 3.30pm and work patterns can be flexible to fit around other commitments. Supply bank staff are asked their preferred work location, which we endeavour to accommodate. All successful candidates will be required to be in the Disclosure Scotland PVG scheme (cost is £59 and will come off your first wage)
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.