- The Foundry 4 Central Park Larbert, FK5 4RU
- £24,018 - £24,288 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 18.5 hours per week
We are seeking a part-time 18.5 hours per week CCTV Operator to monitor and maintain our state-of-the-art CCTV systems on behalf of Falkirk Council and our partners.
The service currently provides 84 hours of monitoring per week; therefore, you will cover a variety of shifts consisting of day shifts, back/night shifts including weekends and public holidays. You will be required to work evenings and weekends.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Operate and monitor CCTV and radio systems connected to the CCTV service
- Prioritise response to security systems managed within the CCTV / Digital Alarms Hub in an effective manner
- Record all events and actions undertaken in line with the agreed procedures
- Carry out duties in accordance with Operators’ Guidelines and legislation.
- Review and prioritise requests for viewing of recorded footage making sure urgent requests are dealt with first
- Ensure all footage viewed complies with relevant legislation and produce evidence packages for court cases and further investigations by police
- Follow strict audit trail so that all footage can be accounted for
With a basic starting salary of £24,018 to £24,288 pro rata there is additional night working and out-of-hour allowances which are paid monthly.
It is essential that you are educated to SVQ level 3 or equivalent. You must be able to demonstrate excellent communication and customer care skills. You must be numerate, conversant with computerised systems, with the ability to process a variety of enquiries and service requests with a high degree of accuracy whilst always maintaining confidentiality.
It is desirable that you hold a current SIA frontline CCTV licence and have a positive attitude and commitment to quality service. You will be a good team player and have knowledge of data protection legislation.
You will work 18.5 hours per week.
This post is subject to a basic disclosure check.