- 1 Bankhead Park, GLENROTHES, KY7 6GH
- £52,897.89 - £59,561.74 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
- Work From Home:
Not all our vacancies are advertised here. Please visit www.fife.gov.uk/jobs to view all our current vacancies. While you are on our site, why not sign up for 'Job Alerts' and we will email you when we advertise a vacancy that you may be interested in. Refer to our FAQ page if you require further guidance.
- To lead and manage a small team of Technical staff, ensuring the effective undertaking and assessment of property surveys and valuations throughout Fife for the purposes of compiling and maintaining the Valuation Roll and Council Tax Valuation List. To take a lead role in the service’s Civil Penalties process for subject categories in the Valuation Roll. To deliver training, mentoring and professional CPD to staff across the service. As a member of the Service Management team, to innovate and lead service change and develop Service strategy and policy.
- As a progressive employer, we offer the opportunity to work in this role as a “blended working” arrangement with home-working opportunities and occasional office-working as required. While the significant part of the role can and will be carried out remotely, candidates should be able to travel to and attend office locations in Fife as required.
- Salary range of £52,897.89 - £59,561.74 per year. Working Pattern: 36 hours per week, Monday to Friday, Location: Based at Fife House, Glenrothes.
- Local and national discounts including supermarkets, restaurants and retail!
- Qualified to full professional membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (M.R.I.C.S.).
- Educated to SCQF level 9, which includes a Degree or equivalent.
- Organisational skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Experience of delivering services in a challenging and changing environment.
- Experience in valuation of commercial or non-domestic property.
- Practical working knowledge of the legislation and case law governing Council Tax and Non-Domestic Rating.
- Experience in the survey and valuation of complex, specialist or unusual property categories.
- Experience of working in an Assessor’s office or similar environment.
- Ability to provide a regular and effective service.
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written.
- Presentation skills.
- Experience of engaging with a variety of internal and external stakeholders in a professional and sensitive manner.
- Experience of participating in the workings of the Scottish Assessors Association in the formulation of national guidance.
- Experience in the analysis of valuation evidence, presenting concise reports and making recommendations on valuation approach.
- Ability to travel to various locations across and outwith Fife.
- Organisational skills.
- Negotiating and influencing skills.
- Time management skills.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Experience of working as part of a team and having responsibility for the allocation and co-ordination of work.
- Experience of driving change - a strategic and innovative thinker.
- IT skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Data Protection legislation.
- Knowledge of FOISA legislation.
- Advocacy or Expert witness experience.
- Ability to multi-task and manage conflicting demands.
- This post is designated as politically restricted within the terms of Section 2 of the Local Government & Housing Act 1989. Further guidance is available here https://www.fife.gov.uk/kb/docs/articles/about-your-council2/politicians-and-committees/committees/governance-documentation
We are currently shaping our future workstyles however, in light of current advice, we are introducing blended home/office working that will include office access days each week with homeworking for the remainder of your working time.
For further information please contact: Mike Brown - Michael.Brown@fife.gov.uk