- Midlothian House 40 46 Buccleuch Street, EH22 1DN
- £28,984 - £30,750 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
- Work From Home:
You have an opportunity to join the Arrears team within our busy Revenues Service
You will be responsible for reducing the amount of debt associated with revenues arrears through the efficient operation of the debt recovery service.
Amongst other duties you will be required to
- Investigate individual case circumstances to establish the total debt position and linked recovery arrangements
- Determine action required arising from systems generated recovery procedures and instigate the processing of arrears letters for Local Authority Council Tax and Rents.
- Negotiate and establish payment arrangements with clients
- Carry out home visits for the prevention of arrears and income maximisation throughout the debt management process.
- Complete necessary administration to maintain all arrears recovery systems.
- Deal with debt related enquiries by telephone, correspondence or personal interviews and prepare arrears statements as required.
The post holder must be educated to Higher Grade level to include English and Maths is essential. However, evidence of competency in these areas will be accepted as an alternative.
Keyboard/Typing skills are also an essential part of the role.
Practical experience of working within a computerised local authority revenue environment and/or a sound knowledge of debt recovery systems.
CLOSING DATE - Thursday 29th February 2024
INTERVIEW DATE - Thursday 21st March 2024
Position Title: Arrears Officer
Position Number: RBE0028
Working from Home: Hybrid
Location: Midlothian House
Contract Status: Permanent
Hours of Work: 36
Working Pattern: Monday – Friday
Weeks per year:52
Please note that it is Midlothian Councils policy that successful applicants will be appointed to the first point on the salary scale.
Based on you working 36 hours over 52 weeks per year the minimum actual salary for this position is £28,984.95 per annum.
Compliance with the mandatory Cabinet Office PSN (Public Sector Network) Code of Connection requires the Council to meet a baseline personal security standard. This requires completion of a disclosure check for all employees who can access official information. The fee for this PSN Disclosure check will be met by you.
If you have difficulty applying for this post or accessing attached documents, or if you have a disability and reasonable adjustment is required, please email email@example.com to speak to a member of the Recruitment Team stating the post reference number.
Midlothian Council is currently undergoing a period of transformation, changing and improving the way it delivers services in Midlothian. As a consequence, there are a number of existing employees for whom we are committed to seeking suitable alternative employment within the Council in accordance with our legal obligations. Candidates are advised that, for some vacancies, internal candidates in this situation will be interviewed before the wider selection pool and a slightly longer delay may be experienced before application outcomes can be advised to you. Thank you for your patience in this matter.