Assistant HR Adviser
- Council Headquarters High Street Elgin Moray, IV30 1BX
- £30,197.70 - £32,761.30 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 18.13 hours per week
- Work From Home:
To assist the Human Resources Operational Team deliver in all aspects of the service including the co-ordination of recruitment and selection activities and job grading. The role will also be directly involved in the provision of generalist HR advice and support to other Council services; assessing grading claims; and the analysis of HR information and data.
- Assist in the administration and co-ordination of centralised recruitment and the provision of related information and data.
- Assist with the administration and co-ordination of job grading.
- Prepare and undertake job grading work.
- Assist in the provision of a comprehensive HR advisory service.
- Assist with the provision of Personnel Administrative Support
Experience of computer packages
Experience in a generalist HR or HR related role, with experience/knowledge of:
- Preparation, analysis and evaluation of information/data
- Provision of advice on conditions of service issues
- Advising managers and employees on employment related issues
Knowledge of contracts of employment and employment law
Understanding of current HR and local authority issues
Knowledge of role of trade union consultation
Understanding of disciplinary, grievance and absence management processes
HND level qualification in HR/Business/Admin related field **
Ability to work using initiative and common sense and to take balanced decisions when necessary
Ability to remain impartial and stand own ground
Excellent communication skills – oral and written
Sound administration and organisational skills
Ability to gain trust of managers
Ability to work accurately and to accept responsibility
Sound knowledge of good practice and ability to give constructive advice under pressure
Outgoing, positive personality
Confident, mature approach
Must respect confidentiality
Ability to relate to people at all levels.
Ability to work in both an office and home environment
Closing Date: 17 February 2023
Hourly Rate: £16.02
Hours Per Week: 18.13 hours
For all enquires please contact: Grant.Cruickshank@moray.gov.uk