- Fochabers Library Milnes Learning Centre Milnes High School West Street Fochabers, IV32 7DJ
- £21,771 - £22,261 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 10 hours per week
Assisting in the delivery of effective and efficient value for money library, information and customer services that meet the needs of the community of Moray in accordance with Council policy.
- Effectively and efficiently carry out all service point routines and tasks to the agreed quality standards.
- Support users with enquiries relating to all appropriate Council services.
- Assist users to acquire ICT handling skills.
- Participate in promotional events and activities for adults and children.
- Undertake financial and administrative tasks in line with Council policy and procedures.
- Participate in training and development opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure the security of the building.
- User of or currently working in a public library service.
- 6 SQA Standard Grades or equivalent at level 3 or above.
- ECDL. (If not already held it will be a condition of employment that this training is undertaken.)
- Filing skills.
- Keyboard skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Book knowledge.
- Knowledge of Moray’s heritage & local area
- Prioritises tasks/action.
- Ability to follow routines.
- Capable of working unsupervised.
- Staff employed on a relief basis must be available to work at short notice.
- Good customer care / people skills.
Temporary until 31 March 2024
Closing Date: 9 October 2023
Starting Salary: £21,771 (pro rata)
£11.55 per hour
10 Hours per week (incl Saturday mornings)
For further information please contact Richard Fletcher, Senior Library & Information Officer, tel 01542 832121, email firstname.lastname@example.org.