Senior Clerical Assistant, Perth
- Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
- £21,961 - £23,312 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
- Work From Home:
Senior Clerical Assistant (Fixed Term for up to 12 Months) - PKC10024
£21,961 - £23,312
Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth
Would you like to work in a role where you are making a real difference to people’s lives within our communities? Are you caring, compassionate and looking to work in an environment which encourages you to develop your skills and experience in health and social care?
If so, we would welcome an application from you.
This role will allow and require you to demonstrate your experience of multi-disciplinary working and be committed to working closely with colleagues from other disciplines.
You will have excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and support the delivery of a service to allow people to stay in their own home for longer.
In this role you will be part of a developing service and support the "Living Well" model, supporting existing Integrated Care Teams and other community assets.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to come and join us as a clerical. This is a really important post within the team and would require you to operate departmental systems, including databases and spreadsheet applications for the accurate input, collation and retrieval of information. You will also assist and carry out searches as required on computerised service user information system, collating standard reports as required.
This is a fast paced role and other activities would include;
- Gather Assessment information from Health professionals and input to client database.
- Input Assessments and care plans.
- Stock control of Protective Clothing/Equipment/Stationery for service.
- Check any invoices with regards to stationery orders, uniform etc. and pass to finance.
- Assist in maintaining the filing system to ensure efficient and effective retrieval of documents and materials.
- General typing of letters, memoranda, forms and photocopying as required.
- Organising, preparing and minute taking for meetings.
- Assist in the receiving of mail and preparation of outgoing mail.
- Maintain a professional approach responding to all queries from the public, Council employees and outside Agencies in an efficient and courteous manner, using initiative to resolve problems; personally and by the telephone both internally and externally.
- Ensure the appropriate degree of confidentiality in all work undertaken.
- To provide cover for other members of the Access/ Reablement teams as and when required.
- Receive telephone enquiries and take appropriate action as required.
There is an expectation that short listed candidates will meet all the requirements stated in the job profile and as below.
Knowledge & Experience
- You must have relevant experience working in an office environment.
- You must be numerate and it would be beneficial if you have a knowledge of Budgets.
- You must have experience working with computer software packages, it would be beneficial if you have experience of Departmental Scheduling Systems and AIS.
- It would be advantageous if you have experience working in a Local Authority setting.
- Sensitivity/empathy to the needs of others.
Health & Safety
- You have a personal responsibility for taking care of yourself and others and must comply with all relevant Health and Safety legislation.
Equality & Dignity at Work
- The ability to treat colleagues and customers with dignity and respect as per the Employee Charter.
- Anti discriminatory attitude.
- Efficient and effective communication skills.
- The ability to liaise with other professionals in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to work in a variety of situations and meet tight deadlines with accuracy.
- Proven organisational and prioritisation skills.
Achievement of Results
- Good standard of general education and would be beneficial if you have European Computer Driving Licence and HNC in Admin.
- Willingness to undertake further training/education.
- Experience of working within the operational practices and standards of an organisation.
- Ability to build good working relationships with others and work as part of a team.
Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Objectivity in coping with difficult situations.
Any Additional Requirements
- Must be able to cope with the demands of the job and attend on a regular basis.
If you would like any more information regarding this vacancy, please contact Holly Graham, Administrative Assistant on 01738 476714.
When completing your application for this post, please ensure that you provide contact details (including e-mail addresses) for two referees. One should be your current or most recent employer.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
A healthy work life balance is important to Perth & Kinross Council and we provide supportive management and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve a healthy work life balance. You will have access to training and support for continued professional development.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel/reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
At PKC our values and behaviours influence our work and support us in the delivery of the Perth and Kinross Offer. In your application, and should you be invited to interview, you will be asked to describe situations that support the criteria required in the role and which also demonstrate our values and behaviours. Find out more about PKCand you could soon be joining our team!
Find out more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland Jobs, careers and employment.