Manager/Lead Practitioner or Trainee Manager/Lead Practitioner - Early Learning & Childcare - Isles Haven Nursery/Old Infants Room
- Isles Haven Nursery, 44 King Harald Street, Lerwick, ZE1 0EQ
- £37,543.87 - £39,088.39 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This post is an excellent opportunity for Early Learning and Childcare professionals to work within a managerial role. We are looking for candidates that are either:
Qualified to SCQF Level 9 in a relevant subject which also meets the SSSC ‘Manager’ registration requirements.
Qualified to SCQF Level 8 in a relevant subject which also meets the SSSC ‘Practitioner’ registration requirements. This would be a trainee opportunity.
A trainee position provides an excellent career development opportunity for Early Learning and Childcare professionals to progress within a managerial role. Candidates will be required to demonstrate a commitment to completing a SCQF Level 9 Qualification to meet the SSSC and Care Inspectorate ‘Manager’ registration requirements. This qualification will be fully funded by the Council, and the successful candidates will be fully supported by the Council to obtain the necessary skills, abilities and knowledge to become fully competent in the role.More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is J
- This is for professionals who are qualified to SCQF Level 9 in a relevant subject or a trainee career development opportunity and is not career graded
- Salary in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,541 per annum (pro rata)
- Permanent Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Isles Haven Nursery, Lerwick, Shetland
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Samantha Flaws, Executive Manager for Early Years on 01595 744093 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here