- 8 North Ness Lerwick, ZE1 0LZ
- £25,921.29 - £35,188.46 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
The Paralegal is responsible for a wide range of tasks designed to assist the Council’s solicitors in the provision of legal services to the Council and its departments.
This vacancy is being advertised as a Career Graded post, which is a career development opportunity. This means that the Council is committed to supporting the successful candidate to obtain the necessary skills, abilities and knowledge to become fully competent in the role. Please see the Career Grade documentattached to this advert that outlines the entry level requirements for the job and the expected career progression route. The successful candidate will be supported to become fully competent in the role and progress through the career grade. Where there is a requirement to achieve a qualification, this will be fully funded by the Council.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is F/H/I
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,541 per annum
- Permanent Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to undertake a Standard Disclosure check prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at 8 North Ness Business Park, Lerwick.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Kristen Johnston, Team Leader on 01595 744097 or e-mail email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.