- 20 Commercial Road Lerwick, ZE1 0LX
- £47,486.76 - £49,147.13 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
We are looking for a dynamic and forward-thinking professional to play a central role in the coordination, development and delivery of the Council’s emergency planning and business continuity arrangements.
You will play a key role in developing and embedding high quality and robust emergency control and civil contingency arrangements, which put Shetland’s community resilience at the heart of their design, ensuring co-ordination and validation of all Shetland Islands Council’s duties in this respect.
What’s in it for you?
Excellent training and development opportunities, plus a range of benefits including:
- Excellent Salary and Conditions
- Distant islands allowance
- A comprehensive relocation package plus paid interview expenses from within the UK
- Generous holiday allowance
- Local Government Pension scheme
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- A varied and interesting workload
- A stress-free commute to work
- An exceptional work/life balance
What we’re looking for:
- A dynamic, strategic-thinking, and innovative individual.
- A results-orientated professional with the drive to continually improve our emergency planning, response, and business continuity arrangements.
- A proven knowledge of best practice and awareness of requirements in relation to national, regional and local developments, impacts and opportunities regarding resilience.
- An in-depth knowledge of local government and the ability to gauge and manage the levels of risk at operational, corporate and strategic levels
- A demonstrable ability in cultivating strong relationships and be able to communicate, influence, and negotiate effectively with internal and external partners at all levels of an organisation.
- Possession of a Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline, plus membership of a relevant professional body.
Shetland is an archipelago in north of the British Isles where you’ll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and a dynamic, forward-looking society. The islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities.
Shetland also enjoys extremely high standards of living: fantastic schools, a state of the art cinema and arts centre and unparalleled access to sporting facilities are all things Shetlanders enjoy. You’ll also find superb roads, frequent bus services, reliable inter-island ferries and frequent flights to Scottish and English cities and, increasingly, superfast broadband.
There really is no better place to live and work.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Jan Riise, Executive Manager – Governance and Law on 01595 744551 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about:
- The grade of this post is L
- The Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,541 per annum
- Permanent Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at 20 Commercial Road, Lerwick, Shetland.
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.