- Hamilton Business Unit Pollock Avenue, ML3 9SZ
- £10,978.18 - £11,117.83 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 14.88 hours per week
Hours: Part Time - 14.88 hours worked 10.00pm – 7.00am 4 days on 12 days off
Finance & Corporate Resources require Call Services Assistants to join their 24 Hour Control Centre in Hamilton to cover the above position.
You will contribute to the operation of the Council’s Emergency Response and Community Alarm Services, providing a call handling service utilising current communication and IT systems.
Effective communication and interpersonal skills are essential along with the ability to display relevant IT skills. You will have the ability to work on your own initiative as well as being a team player. The ability to work shifts is essential.
As part of our approach to good practice and safer recruitment we carry out a number of pre-employment checks for example, Identity, Asylum and Immigration and employment history etc.
As this is a Fixed Term position, prior to making your application, please discuss your potential application with your current Line Manager. In the event that you are being considered for this post, your release to undertake this internal fixed term opportunity would need to be agreed in advance and managed by the service/s or resource/s.
South Lanarkshire Council are Equal Opportunities employees and encourage applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum behaviour requirements for the position.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the British Armed Forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the British Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview where their previous employer was the British Armed Forces and who meet the minimum requirements for the position.
As an employee of South Lanarkshire Council you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
- Enrolment in award winning local government pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave
- Public holiday entitlement (up to 10 days)
- Occupational sick pay
- Family friendly policies - flexible working, including consideration of a condensed working week, e.g. 4 days, maternity/paternity leave, enhanced leave.
- Employee Discounts – including discounts at the cinema.
- Range of benefits to support you (Cycle to Work Scheme, Physiotherapy, Employee Assistance Program which offers practical and emotional support)