- Trinity High School, Glenside Drive, Rutherglen, G73 3LW
- £10.34 - £10.48 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 15 hours per week
South Lanarkshire Council is an ambitious, high performing organisation with a clear vision and programme of action which is designed to improve the lives and prospects of everyone in South Lanarkshire. Community and Enterprise Resources provide cleaning services in many locations and buildings across South Lanarkshire including, schools, council offices and police stations.
Location: Trinity High School (15 hours Term Time)
The successful candidate will carry out the cleaning function on floors, furniture, fixtures, fittings, sanitary areas, walls etc. You will also be required to monitor standards of cleaning in line with specification/COSHH regulation, reporting any difficult issues to management.
You will be responsible for setting up rooms for lets and being the responsible person on site for reporting health and safety issues.
The successful candidate will be paid 7.5 hours as a cleaner (SCP20 £9.60 an hour) and the other 7.5 hours as a cleaning supervisor (SCP22 £9.90 an hour).
Please Apply online
All correspondence will be via your email address registered with myjobscotland.
This post is excepted in terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 2003.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Children, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007. Therefore, it is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with children.
Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to a formal offer of employment being made by South Lanarkshire Council.
Please refer to http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk for further information about the disclosure process and best practice.
Foreign Police Check
Candidates should be able to detail any gaps in employment and provide a foreign police check where applicable for any periods living or working abroad.
Equal Opportunities and Armed Forces Community Covenant
South Lanarkshire Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum competency/behaviour requirements for the position.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview who meet the minimum requirements for the position.
- To carry out the cleaning function on floors, furniture, fixtures, fittings, sanitary areas, walls etc
- Supervision of a team of Facility Assistants (Cleaning), including assisting with training; recruitment & selection; maximising attendance; team brief etc.
- To ensure the security of the building is maintained, and act as a key-holder as required.
- Monitor standards of cleaning in line with specification/COSHH regulations, reporting any difficult issues to management.
As an employee of South Lanarkshire Council you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
- Enrolment in award winning local government pension scheme
- Up to 32 days annual leave
- Public holiday entitlement (up to 10 days)
- Occupational sick pay
- Family friendly policies - flexible working and leave, maternity/paternity leave, enhanced leave.
- Employee Discounts – including discounts at the cinema.
- Range of benefits to support you (Cycle to Work Scheme, Physiotherapy, Employee Assistance Program which offers practical and emotional support)