- Council HQ Almada Street Hamilton, ML3 0AA
- £31,716.76 - £32,629.21 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
The Planning Service in South Lanarkshire Council is seeking to recruit a graduate planning officer.
The post will be located within one of the two area teams dealing with a wide range of applications and development types and other exciting initiatives. The role will primarily involve the processing of small scale non contentious householder planning applications together with advertisement, listed building and other statutory applications.
As part of the role, you will also be required to liaise with other Council services to provide information and assistance as required and respond to requests for information and assistance from our customers.
The successful applicant will hold an RTPI accredited Planning Qualification. The successful candidate will have the ability to travel throughout South Lanarkshire.
Please Apply online
All correspondence will be via your email address registered with myjobscotland.
Foreign Police Check
Candidates should be able to detail any gaps in employment and provide a foreign police check where applicable for any periods living or working abroad.
Equal Opportunities and Armed Forces Community Covenant
South Lanarkshire Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum competency/behaviour requirements for the position.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview who meet the minimum requirements for the position.
see job profile
As an employee of South Lanarkshire Council you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
• Enrolment in award winning local government pension scheme
• Up to 33 days annual leave
• Public holiday entitlement (up to 10 days)
• Occupational sick pay
- Family friendly policies - flexible working, including consideration of a condensed working weeks e.g 4 day working week, maternity/paternity leave, enhanced leave.
• Employee Discounts – including discounts at the cinema.
• Range of benefits to support you (Cycle to Work Scheme, Physiotherapy, Employee Assistance Program which offers practical and emotional support)