- Biggar High School Market Road Biggar, ML12 6AG
- £11.11 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 10 hours per week
Location: Biggar High School
Hours: 10 hours per week (term time) Monday - Friday - Fixed Term until 29 March 2024
Community & Enterprise Resources provide catering and cleaning services in many locations and buildings across South Lanarkshire including nurseries, school and council offices.
Facilities Assistant (Catering) - You will be responsible for preparing meals within recipe guidelines and undertaking all hygiene work practices in relation to the storage, preparation, cooking and service of food including the cleaning of food production areas, equipment and utensils.
Please Apply online
All correspondence will be via your email address registered with myjobscotland.
This post is excepted in terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 2003.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Children, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007. Therefore, it is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with children.
Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to a formal offer of employment being made by South Lanarkshire Council.
Please refer to http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk for further information about the disclosure process and best practice.
Foreign Police Check
Candidates should be able to detail any gaps in employment and provide a foreign police check where applicable for any periods living or working abroad.
Equal Opportunities and Armed Forces Community Covenant
South Lanarkshire Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum competency/behaviour requirements for the position.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview who meet the minimum requirements for the position.
As an employee of South Lanarkshire Council you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
- Enrolment in award winning local government pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave which will be calculated into hours on commencement of the role
- Public holiday entitlement (up to 10 days)
- Occupational sick pay
- Family friendly policies - flexible working including consideration of a condensed working weeks e.g 4 day working week, maternity/paternity leave, enhanced leave.
- Employee Discounts – including discounts at the cinema.
- Range of benefits to support you (Cycle to Work Scheme, Physiotherapy, Employee Assistance Program which offers practical and emotional support)