Architectural Technologist, West Lothian Civic Centre, 465.65
- West Lothian Civic Centre, Howden South Road, Livingston, EH54 6FF
- £34,537 - £38,028 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
Would you like the opportunity to develop your career as an Architectural Technologist with West Lothian Council?
An opportunity exists for a suitably qualified and experienced Architectural Technologist to work as part of the Projects Team in Property Services, to support full architectural design and project management services to support the council’s capital investment programme.
Based in West Lothian Civic Centre, Livingston you will be joining a service which strives for excellence in service delivery and works well with partners. You will assist the Projects Team within a multi-disciplinary environment and be responsible for the design, preparation of contract documents, contract administration and professional architectural and project management services for a wide variety of construction projects in support of infrastructure development and planned improvements.
The Projects Team is one of several service units within Property Services providing a wide range of professional and technical construction related services.
The main activities of the Projects Team are:-
- Delivery of construction projects as part of the councils General Services and Housing capital investment programmes.
- Brief development and option appraisal / feasibility advice.
- Provision of expert professional advice relating to property and construction needs of the Council.
- Procurement and monitoring of framework consultants.
- To ensure the Council meets its statutory duties and obligations in relation to property issues.
This post represents an exciting and challenging opportunity for a highly motivated individual. You should be a Chartered Architectural Technologist or working toward Chartered status and have demonstrable experience within the design and construction industry.
With a professional manner and excellent communication skills, you should be able to work to deadlines with a sound knowledge of RIBA Plan of Work and current JCT contract conditions.
This is a permanent post.