Careline Adviser x2, West Lothian Civic Centre, 465.69
- West Lothian Civic Centre, Howden South Road, Livingston, EH54 6FF
- £26,560 - £28,474 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 28 hours per week
This position has expired.
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds
2 Permanent Positions within West Lothian Council’s Contact Centre based at Civic Centre, Livingston
- 28 hours per week 4 days on 4 days off on a rolling shift pattern covering dayshift & late shift (08:00- 16:30/14:00-22:30), includes weekends and public holiday working – salary is pro-rata to 28 hours and shift allowance is payable.
- 28 hours per week 3 days on 3 days off on a rolling shift pattern covering night shift & late shift (23:00-07:30/15:00-23:30), includes weekends and public holiday working – salary is pro-rata to 28 hours and shift allowance is payable.
Please indicate which post/s you are applying for.
About the role
We are looking for a dedicated professional, who has experience in working a structured rolling shift pattern covering a 24-hour service.
- Working shift patterns covering 365 days a year answering emergency, lone worker and West Lothian Council corporate calls with colleagues in the Customer Service Centre, ensuring accurate call closures and concise reporting.
- Updating client information on to the computer system ensuring details are maintained and up to date.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Be able to use a range of IT software packages with the ability to analyse information and input data accurately and concisely.
- Be able to assess and act quickly ensuring the safety of the customer
You are expected to remain calm, sympathetic and supportive while dealing with both routine and emergency situations. Passionate about delivering high standards of work and taking pride in your achievements.
Therefore, we are looking for outgoing, confident, hardworking and reliable person who want to succeed in customer services. The team are responsible for providing confidential advice to customers, provide a wide range of council and community information to help customer’s access services, resolve enquiries, request services and deal with any complaints received.
You must be customer focused, target driven and enjoy working in a challenging but rewarding environment. Contact Centre experience dealing with customers via telephone, email and social media would be great.
Successful Candidates from application will be invited to complete Customer Service testing, this is carried out on-line using a laptop or PC only. Please note that this is part of our interview process.
If you are shortlisted from your application you will receive information via the email address you have supplied.