- West Lothian Civic Centre Howden South Road Livingston, EH54 6FF
- £30,070 - £32,622 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward-thinking team within Housing, Customer and Building Services (HCBS).
The successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing the efficient administration of the landlord registration scheme and the short-term let licensing process, ensuring compliance with Scottish Government legislation.
This role also involves managing communications and cultivating relationships with key stakeholders. Strong customer care skills and meticulous attention to detail are essential for success in this position.
As part of this role, the Community Estates Officer (Private Landlord Registration Scheme) will be responsible for ensuring the efficient processing of applications and compliance with statutory requirements. Your duties will encompass processing landlord registration applications, including handling payments and helping applicants when required.
Additionally, your responsibilities will extend to monitoring and enforcing compliance with the landlord registration legislation, processing applications and enquiries and maintaining accurate records within licensing system.
A crucial aspect of your role will be to prepare reports and draft responses to queries, ensuring that registrations are confirmed and licenses are issued in accordance with council and Scottish Government guidelines. Alongside these responsibilities, you will undertake various administrative tasks and conduct reviews of application forms, guidance notes and webpages to guarantee the provision of accurate information to stakeholders.
Effective collaboration within the team is essential, and you should be prepared to work independently when required to effectively fulfil your responsibilities.
Performance and Change Service – Our aims
- Satisfying our customers
- Achieving excellence across HCBS
- Communicating effectively
- Using professional judgement
- Taking personal pride in the service we deliver
Behaviours and Competencies
- Ability to manage own workload and contribute to agreed objectives
- Adept at removing the barriers that get in the way of delivering excellent customer service
- Creating an environment of trust
- Ensure two-way dialogue with customers and colleagues
- Finding creative solutions for customers
- Good communication skills with the ability to adapt to suit various audiences
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Self-aware and self-motivated to realise your full potential
- Excellent time management skills
- Digitally literate and focused
- Ability to represent HCBS in a positive and effective manner
- Take responsibility for delivering excellent performance results
- Good attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy in work
- Committed to own personal development
- Committed to pursuing excellence in line with the WLC culture and values
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work under pressure
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Margaret Ho by e-mailing Margaret.firstname.lastname@example.org
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds