- Location: Dollar Academy, Mylne Avenue, FK14 7DU
- Salary: Equivalent of RCN Band 6 Point 1
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time & Part Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
Dollar Academy is an independent, coeducational school founded in 1818, with a roll of some 1,300 pupils, of whom around 90 are boarders accommodated in one boys’ and two girls’ boarding houses. Academic standards are high and the school has a reputation for excellence in all fields. The Academy is situated in about 50 acres of grounds, amidst delightful scenery, in the small town of Dollar at the foot of the Ochil Hills, twelve miles east of Stirling, and provides a most attractive working environment.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a qualified practitioner to join the Academy on either a full or part time basis working alongside our current full time Nurse. The post is term time only, with duty required on Saturday mornings during the Autumn and Winter terms to cover home sports fixtures (these duties are shared).
Support and training, including First Aid training and attendance at appropriate courses, will be made available to the successful candidate. Applicants should be competent in the use of Outlook, Word and Excel.
- First Aid and nursing treatment of pupils, staff and visitors.
- Working with colleagues to ensure maintenance of school medical records, medical reports and treatment log.
- Physical security of stores and drugs.
- Counselling of pupils, parents and staff as appropriate.
- Health education and advice.
- A willingness to partake and assist in relevant aspects of the school’s PSE / Health and Wellbeing programme.
- Assisting with the maintenance of adequate medical stock and equipment in Nursing Centre, School, Sports First Aid Room and Boarding Houses.
- Advising on matters relating to Health and Safety of pupils, staff and environment.
- Providing First Aid cover at Saturday school rugby and hockey matches with assistance from external bodies.
- Undertaking any other duties as may from time to time be reasonably expected.
Terms and Conditions of Appointment
The base salary on offer will equate to Band 6 point 1 on the RCN salary scales (pro-rata due to term time working).
Full time hours for this role are 37 hours per week and working hours will be scheduled between 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday and 9.00am to 1.00pm on Saturday. Part time hours will be discussed during the interview process.
Our support staff are automatically enrolled in the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, to which the Governors contribute the statutory level of Employer’s Contributions.
Employees whose children attend the Academy are eligible for fee remission, and details will be made available to the successful candidate.
All appointments at Dollar Academy are subject to satisfactory clearance through the Disclosure Scotland Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme. The successful candidate will be asked to make a formal application, the cost of which will be covered by the Academy.
The Academy’s Support Staff Application Form must be completed and is available to download by visiting our website. Completed application forms should be mailed to: The Human Resources Manager, Dollar Academy, Mylne Avenue, Dollar, FK14 7DU, Clackmannanshire OR emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 17th April 2020 with interviews taking place during the week of 27th April 2020. CVs and covering letters are optional.