- Kingsway Campus Old Glamis Road, DD3 8LE
- £68,512 - £72,000 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
Director of Finance
Salary: c£72k (after pending award)
Plus excellent pension, development, and annual leave benefits
Supporting one of the most successful colleges in Scotland, we are seeking an experienced and meticulous individual to lead our financial strategy and deliver financial management and services that deliver long term sustainability and underpin our aspirations for the College and our region.
As a key member of this new team you will work in partnership with budget holders to support a strong culture of financial accountability across the College, ensuring that managers and teams have a firm grasp on financial processes as well as individual and College-wide income and expenditure targets.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive Financial Strategy aligned with the College's mission, vision, and strategic objectives.
- Leading the annual budgeting process, working closely with various departments and stakeholders to establish realistic financial targets and forecasts.
- Monitoring and analysing budget performance, identifying areas for improvement and cost-saving opportunities.
- Evaluating, enhancing, and improving financial systems, reports, processes, and policies to optimise efficiency, accuracy, and transparency.
- Working cross-College to develop a broader understanding of the current and financial operating environment and foster a culture of collective ownership and accountability for College finances.
- Contributing to the College’s strategic and operational planning and performance reporting regime
Qualified to level 9 or above in a relevant finance/accountancy discipline you will have significant experience of leading financial planning, management and monitoring within a tight budgetary environment. You should also have experience of implementing digital solutions within a financial context, leading to improved accuracy and user experience.
Demonstrating leadership practice that aligns with our D&A values you will have experience of successfully leading and managing teams through significant change and will be able to show your commitment to innovation and improvement, excellent communication skills and the ability to influence with impact through effective partnerships, both within the College and with a range of different community partners.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to build their skills and career within a highly successful organisation.
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms is Wednesday 11 October 2023.
Please note, interview location and date are still to be confirmed.