- Granton Campus, 350 West Granton Road, EH5 1QE
- £25,586 - £27,389 per year (appointment is usually made at the first point of the scale. role is subject to the application of a national process of job evaluation)
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Job Title: Senior Nursery Practitioner
Hours: Full time – 35 Hours per week
Main Location: Granton Campus
Contract Basis: Permanent
Salary: Band E - £25,586 - £27,389 (Appointment is usually made at the first point of the scale. Role is subject to the application of a national process of Job Evaluation)
Waterfront Nursery, which is owned by Edinburgh College, is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified person to take up the exciting post of Senior Practitioner for our pre-school room.
We are based at Edinburgh College’s Granton Campus which is easily accessible from the city centre and beyond. Our purpose-built building is spread over 2 floors with separate eating areas and a large outdoor space. We have lots of beautiful green space around us and are regularly outside exploring. We are a large Partner Provider nursery with capacity for 120 children from 1 month to 5 years. The link below will take you to our nursery video tour so you can have a look inside.
We are also at the exciting stage of adding an outdoor satellite site to our nursery and the successful candidate will have a major role to play in setting this up, introducing children and parents and training and supporting staff. There may also be opportunities in the future to take over as Senior Practitioner of our outdoor site full time.
What we can offer you
We have great benefits at Edinburgh College, with generous annual leave, a career average pension scheme and access to other benefits like childcare vouchers and cycle to work. We also have great on-site facilities including a gym, pool, training restaurants, shops and canteens. Plus you get to be part of a unique organisation which contributes to improving the lives of others.
What you can offer us
We are looking for someone with a proven track record of working as part of a team within a child care setting. We are looking for genuine passion for the learning and development of children in the early years and are particularly interested if you have a love of outdoor learning and experience of working with children that require additional support for learning.
You need to be a confident, approachable person who loves to get outdoors and inspire and support children’s learning. Previous supervisory experience is preferred for this role and experience of working in a 3-5 playroom is essential.
Our children have asked that you like to give hugs, read stories, do face painting and can build towers bigger than you.
Among other tasks, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- daily running of the playroom
- line management of a staff team of 8-10
- supervising student placements
- developing outdoor experiences for our children
- supporting staff training and development
- taking an active role in sharing information and good practice
- supporting the delivery of in-house training courses
This position will be playroom based, with the possibility of acting up as Duty Manager for holiday and sickness cover.
- Applicants should possess an HNC or SVQ 3 (or equivalent) in Early Education and Childcare or Childcare Practice for a this post
- Applicants must have a minimum of two years’ experience in a childcare setting, with at least 6 months in a 3-5 setting
- Applicants must demonstrate confidence with the Curriculum for Excellence in their application
- Applicants must be registered with the SSSC
- Previous supervisory experience
- BA (Hons) Childhood practice
- Forest Kindergarten experience
Please note that the successful candidate may be required to work at any Edinburgh College campus.
Please see the person specification for a full breakdown of the essential and desirable criteria.
The successful candidate may be required to work at any Edinburgh College campus.
Closing Date: Sunday 15 August
Scheduled Interview Week commencing 23.8.21