- RGU Garthdee, AB10 7GJ
- £20,619 - £0 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 24.5 hours per week
Located at the heart of the RGU campus, you can’t miss the striking green glass Library tower. There are three floors of books and journals, computers, and study space for students to make use of.
In this role, you will provide a welcoming and professional “meet and greet” presence at our reception desk, dealing with enquiries in person and by phone. You will have experience of working in a customer service environment and have a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail. You should have a genuine interest in helping students, possess good communication and customer service skills, and have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Monday-Thursday 12.30-5.30pm and Friday 12.30-5pm.
You may also be asked to provide occasional ad-hoc cover for holidays and absences or to attend training events out with your contracted hours.
You'll benefit from 46 days holiday (pro rata including statutory holidays), a competitive pension, on onsite nursery and sports centre as well as a range of voluntary health, retail and travel benefits.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Customer Support Assistant Librarian
RESPONSIBLE FOR: No supervisory responsibility
PURPOSE OF POST: To provide a welcoming and professional 'meet and greet' presence at the Library reception desk and maintain a tidy Library environment
• Welcomes and greets customers entering the Library
• Receives and deals with first-line enquiries in person or by phone, forwarding on where appropriate to a member of Library staff or other department
• Monitors the entrance of the Library
• Assists customers with the self-service facilities
• Maintains statistics
• Undertakes shelving and shelf-tidying
• Maintains a tidy Library environment
• Assists with the Library opening and closing procedures
• Assists with evacuation of the Library in the event of a fire
• Maintains a high level of customer service at all times
• Any other duties as appropriate to the grade
Knowledge and skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word
• Experience of working in a front line customer service role with a strong focus on the provision of excellent customer service
• Experience of working in an environment where there is a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
• Experience of working in a team
• Experience of using own initiative and working without supervision
• Basic use of Library Management System