- The Royal Blind School, EH10 4SG
- £37,894.50 - £47,565 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
What this job is about
The post holder will provide a safe and high-quality learning environment in which our children and young people will thrive.
Responsible for the coordination of an assigned class and will work collaboratively with the multi-professional team within the school and colleagues within the wider organisation to plan and deliver a personalised curriculum for each child and young person.
What we want you to be responsible and accountable for
All teachers will support the learning and development of children and young people with visual impairment /complex needs through:
- Assessing their needs and setting learning targets in collaboration with the multi professional team.
- Promoting their emotional health and well-being, including developing self-esteem and providing opportunities to maximise independence.
- Reviewing the appropriateness of the curriculum for individual children on an ongoing basis.
- Developing resources for children and young people with visual impairment.
- Supporting the referral, admission and transition processes for children and young people.
- Planning, recording and reporting on progress in collaboration with multi professional team and parents and carers.
- Committing to undertake training in Manual Handling or any other relevant training to work with children with complex needs.
- Providing cover for absent colleagues or undertaking any additional duties required of them.
- Keeping up to date with all new organisational, local and national initiatives pertinent to the needs of children and young people with Additional Support Needs, Complex Needs and Visual Impairment.