West Lothian College
We are one of Scotland’s most innovative colleges delivering learning to the West Lothian area. We offer a wide range of further and higher education courses to over 8,000 students each year in a variety of subjects.
Our vision is to deliver a highly skilled, enterprising and resilient workforce by providing high-quality learning & skills opportunities, workplace experiences, apprenticeships and supporting progression on to University.
Working at the college you will be contributing to our aim to secure positive and rewarding careers for our learners.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and a Living Wage Accredited Employer. We also hold Gold ‘Investors in People’ status.
The college is one of the region’s largest employers with around 380 employees.
The college is centrally situated on a modern, single-site campus in Livingston with easy access from the surrounding area and from across the Central Belt of Scotland.
Our Vision, Goals, and Values
Our vision, our WHY, is of a highly skilled, enterprising and resilient workforce.
Four strategic goals, our WHAT, help us achieve that vision:
- Inspiring and enabling success for all means providing opportunities for education and training that help people take a step towards their ambition
- Supporting economic recovery and growth is about how we help employers survive the current crisis and come out of it ready and able to take advantage of new opportunities
- Strengthening our communities involves working with others to ensure local people benefit from education and jobs
- Leading with vision and empathy is about how we adapt to a volatile, uncertain and complex world and how we care for our students, staff and partners
Three values, our HOW, underpin our approaches to all that we do:
- Being welcoming to all means we embrace equality, diversity and inclusion
- Students at the centre of everything we do is exactly that
- Always striving for better sums up our commitment to continuous improvement