- 20 Carden Place, AB10 1UQ
- Starting Salary £23,545 fte
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
Barnardo's RAFT (Reaching Aberdeen Families Together) is a consortium of 5 third sector organisations working in partnership to provide a children and family support service. We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Worker to join our service.
RAFT offers time limited, targeted intervention to work with children and families who are:
- On the margin of social work involvement
- At risk of becoming ‘looked after' by the local authority and/or subject to compulsory measures from the Children's Panel; or
- Those who need continued support following a period of social work involvement
In addition to the job description and person specifications requirements, we are looking for a highly motivated and flexible individual to join our team. The successful applicant must also meet the following criteria:-
- A pro-active approach to engaging and working with young people and their families and commitment to partnership working;
- The ability to work some evenings and weekends;
- An essential car user and must hold business insurance. It is the requirement of the post to have access to a car to carry out daily duties.
This post will be based within Barnardos and the post holder will report directly to the Team Manager.
At Barnardo's we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Our safer recruitment processes mean that the safety and welfare of the child is paramount at every stage of the process and therefore, we adopt rigorous scrutiny in our pre-employment checking. This post is subject to a range of pre-employment checks including a Criminal Records Enhanced Disclosure for the successful candidate.