Service Design Programme Manager
- COSLA, Verity House, 19 Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh, EH12 5BH
- £52,579 - £55,059 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
- Work From Home:
With strategic direction from the Chief Officer and Business Gateway Board, the post holder is responsible for the successful management of the Gateway to the Future programme. The Programme Manager will co-ordinate the delivery of the Gateway to the Future service design programme and be Project Owner for a number of projects currently under development within this programme. The postholder will play a key role within the Gateway to the Future Project Team.
The Business Gateway service has embarked on a major customer centric service design project, Gateway to the Future. This builds into the ongoing work to transform the business support environment in Scotland through the Business Support Partnership. Through an extensive programme of consultation and workshops with customers and advisers the Gateway to the Future programme has identified a number of projects to be delivered. these include an enhanced approach to onboarding customers to the network and digital tools to improve the experience for both customers and advisers.
A proven track record of Programme Management;
Project development and management experience;
Budget management experience; Excellent administrative and organisational skills; Experience of senior level negotiation; Excellent report writing skills;
Experience of public speaking.
Experience of a customer centric approach;
Experience of relationship management;
Knowledge of the Scottish business landscape and business support organisations; Understanding of service design principles
1. Working with the wider Project Team you will develop suitable governance arrangements for the management of the Gateway to the Future programme. You will take ownership and management of those governance arrangements.
2. You will take responsibility for all aspects of Programme Management, working with the Project Team and other stakeholders, including the Ambassador Programme, to ensure that the Programme is delivered on time and within budget.
3. You will be Project Owner for a number of projects that contribute to the delivery of the Programme and will ensure these are developed and delivered on time and within budget.
4. You will take responsibility for reporting progress to the Business Gateway Board and to the wider network recommending corrective action where necessary to achieve programme and workpackage goals.
5. Maintaining constructive relationships, working closely with key partners including the Project Team and Ambassadors to ensure engagement in the Programme and achieving ongoing support for the current and subsequent phases.
6. Evaluating programme impact in terms of client/network satisfaction, as appropriate, and using learning points from programme activities to formulate future programme policy, initiatives and services in line with the ethos of continuous improvement.
7. Managing contracts with expert suppliers, ensuring quality of provision.
8. Ensuring compliance with the terms of any relevant Scottish Government grant funding and COSLA’s financial regulations.
9. Regularly review, agree and report against performance measures with the Project Team and the Business Gateway Board.
10. Consulting partners, stakeholders and key networks such as the Business Gateway Operational Network (BGON) on programme policy for the future, taking account of their requirements as far as possible in line with programme objectives.
Self-motivated and ability to use own initiative;
Professional manner with a customer-oriented approach;
Ability to work under pressure;
Excellent team worker;
Attention to detail;
Articulate, approachable Excellent communicator;
Present good image for COSLA;
Work on own initiative
How to Apply
Applications should be made through the myjobscotland website by 11.59pm on Wednesday 07 June 2023.
It is anticipated interviews will be held during the week commencing 12 June 2023.