- Meadowbank Sports Centre, London Rd, Edinburgh, EH7 6AE
- £29,163 - £32,406 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35.75 hours per week
- Work From Home:
Salary – £29,163 - £32,406,
Full-time Permanent - 35.75 hours per week,
Location - Meadowbank Sports Centre
Do you have a curious mind that loves understanding how and why things work? Are you able to ask the right questions and look in the right direction to determine the heart of the matter? Do you enjoy seeing insights and observations coming together to solve problems in new, and efficient ways?
We have a perfect opportunity for you to join our finance team as a Business Analyst.
In this challenging and exciting role, you will be responsible for:
- Design, development, implementation, and continuous improvement of business intelligence reports and various management information systems to support key business decision-making.
- Preparation, collection, and aggregation of data by analysing, and summarizing information and trends to deliver comprehensive reports in simple and user-friendly charts, graphs, and tables.
- Organizing, coordinating, and synthesizing data to make informative and actionable recommendations regarding business issues and resource allocation in procedural and business process workflow changes, improvements, and program modifications to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Engaging with internal stakeholders at all organizational levels, presenting an analysis of data, offering practical and creative solutions, and providing training and technical assistance ensuring they can get the full benefit of the data available.
In this fast-paced, and dynamic role, you will help us find meaningful patterns and value in big data. Your skills and knowledge will provide insights into how we improve our processes, so it is essential that you:
- Have a relevant degree in statistics, business analysis or similar and proven experience in providing technical business analysis.
- Have knowledge of using business intelligence applications and data manipulation tools and the ability to research, collect and evaluate data.
- Enjoy conducting deep, rigorous research and synthesizing insights in high-quality research reports.
- Are analytical, highly logical, and structured in your thinking, put high attention to detail to enable accurate data analysis.
- Can organize data into a logical format and effectively communicate complex ideas and topics in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Can plan, organize, and coordinate multiple projects at once while working under tight deadlines.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills to influence stakeholders at all levels.
In return, we offer:
- Generous holiday allowance (32 days, rising with service up to 40 days)
- Paid sick leave
- Company pension
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training, career growth and development
- Free membership across all our centres with access to fitness centres, gyms, and swimming pools
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Access to discounts with a huge number of retailers (saving money in cinemas, restaurants, clothing, and electronics shops, on insurance and healthcare and much more)
This is a hybrid role with time spent between our head office at Meadowbank and home working.
If you love data, numbers and presentation of investigations and findings, we want to hear from you!
Closing date: Sunday 4 June 2023
Assessments will take place the week commencing 19 June 2023