Working with the Improvement Service
The IS is a small organisation but our work is wide ranging and varied. Working for the IS means joining a family of professionals, who work together to strive for continuous improvement in the public sector and ultimately, better outcomes for Scotland’s communities.
Most of our staff are involved in developing and supporting the use of around 30 core products and services covering a diverse range of topics, including digital public services, climate change, performance management, data, planning, child poverty and more. We employ people across a variety of roles including programme and project managers, business analysts and facilitators.
We recognise that our people are key to our success. By providing a challenging, friendly and supportive working environment, our aim is to attract and retain the best people and to help them achieve their potential.
- Flexible working arrangements, including the opportunity to work remotely, condensed hours, etc.,
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 41 days (including bank holidays),
- Competitive salary and investment in your personal development,
- Excellent training and career development opportunities,
- Pension scheme (Lothian Pension Fund),
- Family friendly policies (maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental policies in place),
- Commitment to a diverse workforce with relevant policies and Equality Working Group in place,
- Employee Benefits Scheme,
- Cycle to work scheme,
- Access to 2 Office bikes,
- Wellbeing initiatives with trained mental health first aiders.
The Improvement Service is an inclusive and diversity friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. We promote family friendly, flexible working opportunities and we are a Disability Confident Employer.
If you would like to know more, take a look at the Improvement Services FAQs on our website