Employment and Equalities Rights Adviser
- 29-31 Union Street, IV1 1QA
- £26,377 - £28,818 per year pro rata - dependent on skills and experience
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 35 hours per week
At Inverness, Badenoch & Strathspey CAB, we are a friendly team of over 70 employees and volunteers delivering a busy advice service to the public. We strive to deliver a good quality advice that meets the needs of our clients in a non-judgemental and confidential manner. We aim for individuals not to suffer through not knowing or understanding their rights and responsibilities or not being aware of the services available to them. We provide advice to our clients so that they can make informed decisions and feel empowered to improve their personal circumstances.
We are looking for an Employment & Equality Adviser to help deliver our Highlands Equality Action Project. This project provides a specialist equality rights service for the Highland community that supports and empowers individuals who suffer unlawful discrimination and related employment rights breaches. We are looking for an individual who has experience of providing advice, ideally in issues relating to employment or discrimination, but we are also interested to hear from people who can evidence similar transferrable skills.
You will have an interest in:
- Employment legislation and how this applies to individuals in the workplace.
- You will value the concept of equality and diversity and have an understanding of discrimination issues.
- You will have good communication skills, both verbal and written, and have experience of dealing with a diverse range of people.
- You will be empathetic to the needs of clients and at the same time empower them to resolve their situation.
- You will have an organised and structured approach to work and able to manage your workload effectively.
You will be a team player, willing to share your knowledge with volunteers and staff and support other teams in the bureau to ensure an effective delivery of our service.
For full details, please click on the link below for the full advert, job, person specification and application pack.
Application Pack available at: Employment and Equalities Rights Adviser - Inverness, Badenoch and Strathspey Citizens Advice Bureau | Citizens Advice Scotland (cas.org.uk)