Joiner Multi-Skilled Operative
- Kingdom Housing Association, 11a Boston Road, Viewfield Industrial Estate, Glenrothes, Fife,, KY6 2RE
- £28,609 - £32,424 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 38 hours per day
The application page will open in a new window.
Kingdom Housing Association provides housing and support throughout East Central Scotland, Perth and the surrounding areas. We have plans for a significant expansion of our housing stock over the next five years.
We live by our CARES values of Customer, Accountable, Respect, Efficient and Supportive. In addition to the core services, related to providing, managing and maintaining affordable housing.
Kingdom aspires to be an employer of choice. We obtained Gold IiP and Platinum IiYP accreditation. We're currently the highest placed Scottish RSL on the Best Companies to Work For list.
About the Role
You will be part of our in- house team which consists of experienced operatives across all trades. The role involves carrying out repairs and maintenance works in our properties throughout East Central Scotland, Perth and the surrounding areas. As the role is multiskilled you will also assist when required with basic plumbing work or similar. There will also be periodic repairs and alterations to our properties and offices.
You should be a qualified joiner and should also be able and willing to carry out some limited multi-trade works when required. Experience in a maintenance environment is desirable. Part of the role requires you to participate in the out of hours emergency on call rota for which an additional allowance will be paid. In addition to the on call service, evening and weekend work will be required to meet the needs of the service. You must be able to demonstrate a flexible approach and enthusiasm for your work and be able to work well on your own and as part of a team of multi skilled operatives.
- A van will be provided therefore a Full UK driving licence is essential.
- You will be required to complete a satisfactory Standard Police Act Disclosure Scotland check.
- An attractive salary and benefits package
- A contributory pension scheme (employer contribution of 10%) and option to join the salary exchange pension scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 37 days (33 days plus 4 days public holidays). After 5 years continuous service, you’ll receive an additional 2 days annual leave and a further 2 days after 10 years.
- Access to an interest free loan to purchase tools and equipment. (Where eligible)
- Access to our low-interest car loan scheme. (Where eligible)
- Access to our Kingdom Academy offering a range of learning and development opportunities.
- Enhanced family friendly (enhanced maternity, adoption, paternity and shared parental leave) and sick pay entitlements (up to 6 months full pay).
- Access to our employee assistance programme providing a free information service and an employee counselling service.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Access to our Employee Benefit Platform providing a large range of discounts across UK retailers, our Cycle to Work scheme, travel and leisure staff benefits enabling you to spread the cost of holidays and wellbeing support.
How to apply
You can apply online by visiting our website: https://www.kingdomhousing.org.uk/jobs/ and clicking on the Kingdom Housing Association Vacancies link. Applications must be made using our online application form.
We will provide further information on the format of the interview to all those invited.
Kingdom is committed to contributing towards the eradication of homelessness. As part of that, we particularly welcome applications from people who are currently registered homeless or have been in the last 12 months. We will guarantee shortlisting to any applicant who meets that criteria and the essential criteria for the vacancy. If we offer you the role and you are homeless at that point, we will also offer you a tenancy in one of our properties as part of the Naumann Initiative. If you wish your application to be considered under the scheme, please state this under “Supporting information” on your application form.
Scottish Charity No: SC000874